Barren City Barren City

Love that feel

An effective "barren city" sounding track. Unless you wanted to give it a completely different effect, I'd keep it sparse and floaty. I like the fuzzy flickering and popping noises. Mess with the white noise a little to make it sound more varied and organic. I'd stay away from BooBass for your bassline. Choose another deeper, richer synth sound or even a real bass. Keep it up. I like where this is going.

EoE - Untitled Hardstyle WIP EoE - Untitled Hardstyle WIP

Some recommendations.

The kick needs a harder punch and a lot more bass. I know how it gets when you want to distort the hell out of your kick to make the meanest sound around. Don't just bring the bass out by EQing though. Instead, try to add a more focused shot of low end under the distorted part. I was expecting it to just be a smaller kick for the intro.
With the melody, I like where you're going, but I'd be sure to give the whole thing a triplet feel. The first couple of notes in the phrase are plain 8th notes and it throws off the bouncy feel.
Also, I'd stay away from the Blutonium Boy vocal samples. Force yourself to make your own vocal samples and it'll definitely pay off.

E-o-e responds:

Thanks for the honest review :D I know what you mean about the kick, I haven't quite got the hang of mixing the kicks. As the fat synth eats up lot's of frequencies. :/

I actually agree with the melody bit, for some reason I changed from 8th to triplets, corrected it now! As the vocal samples, they fill the song out a bit before I can find/record my own! They're temporary.

-EoE-

Anti-Return Anti-Return

Don't take my suggestions the wrong way.

This is definitely good. I like the growly bass synths a lot, but they add so much low end that the kick gets buried. I'd also turn up the drums and let it groove for a while longer. With a more prominent drum beat this could really turn into something killer.

UnderTown responds:

Hey, thanks for the advice and the review! That's very helpful.

Perception ver1.5 (wip) Perception ver1.5 (wip)

I like where this is going.

The noisy intro was quite delicious. The beat when the drums first come in is a bit awkward. The melodies are kind of weak and faint, not enough repetition. Maybe add another higher melody over the top of it. I'd also turn the drums down in the mix.

Being-Glass responds:

If you like that intro... Check out my track "Zero G" Its a lot more of that style.

Thanks I have been fighting the idea of lowering the percs which i did in this version to the original one.

The idea of a high melody seems very tempting I might just make room for it. Ill have to adjust some other sound levels to get them to not fight with all the other higher sounds.

Last version had more repitition and I was told it was to much so Ill find that balance over the next few days.

Great Review KBC!

RD2010 - Heavy Terror Machine RD2010 - Heavy Terror Machine

Well done

I'm usually not into dubstep, but this track is pretty fucking cool. It's all pretty solid, stays interesting all the way through, well mixed.

alextheDJ responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)

64 yrs into the rascally futur 64 yrs into the rascally futur

love this

I love how you chopped up the amen break into something that keeps me interested the whole way through. I liked the vocal samples throughout, but they were a little quiet.

Overall, great new song.

Ambrosia - Jxl180 Ambrosia - Jxl180

Pretty cool

Overall, this an entertaining song to listen to. There's a nice smooth progression through the entire song that makes it easy to listen to while keeping it interesting. There are certain parts, like the piano segment that I would've liked to hear repeat more. Also, I'd turn up the kick a little. Cool song, mang.

jxl180 responds:

Thanks for the review. I was planning to repeat the piano part twice, but i didn't want to kill the flow or progression.

SR - Printer Jamz SR - Printer Jamz

Fuck yeah.

It's not often that I see something that really stands out like this in the audio portal. I love the use of the printer samples. It really gives it that extra layer of sound that keeps it interesting the whole way through. I've been trying so hard to create a good, full sounding breakbeat segment like you worked into this song. Great shit right here, mang.

Severance (NG Mix) Severance (NG Mix)

Wow

The drum track in this song is fucking awesome. Overall, great to listen to. I'll definitely have to check out your new album.

Beeeeeees!! Beeeeeees!!

Splendid

Haha. Surprisingly cheerful compared to most of your work. It's a lot of fun to listen to but I can't really get into it like I can with your heavier songs. Still good shit, man.

GoreBastard responds:

Thanks man. Sometimes I just have to be a dick and make stuff like this. It's in my bloooood!