The Space Between Lines 2 The Space Between Lines 2

Wow

Simply amazing storytelling.

The Crew Talks Art The Crew Talks Art

Haha

That reminded me a lot of Home Movies. Was that intentional?

KartuneHustla responds:

haha nope, but I did end up noticing that half way through the animation. It aslo kind of reminded me of It's always sunny in Philadelphia haha. BTW Charlie is like my favorite character in that show

FRUIT FRUIT

Wonderful

This movie really made me smile. You always seem to have a thoughtful story to tell. The art and animation was all superb, with creativity you don't often find on Newgrounds. Also, the song you used fit the movie perfectly (I'd never heard it before this movie). This is of my favorites from today. I hope to see more from you in the future.

AttamoyaClock Awakening AttamoyaClock Awakening

Haha

You're silly.

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

Lots of fun

That was a lot of fun. I actually was able to just play with micro analyzing and criticizing like I normally do with flash games. The scripting of this game is truly magnificent, as I can smoothly jump and run through these levels without awkward transitions between character animations. This is one of the few games on Newgrounds that I continued to play after I beat it.

Nice work.

This Is Madness This Is Madness

Fucking great, man.

I came here expecting a shitty 12 FPS madness flash made by some 11 year old kid with Dragonforce in the background. Instead I got one of the most enjoyable flash games on Newgrounds, complete with leveling up, multiple weapons, and one really bastard hard platforming scene. You have to play for a little while to really start enjoying this game's complete experience, and that is why I am only reviewing now. I died at the second battle with the sheriff. The first one, I managed to get by with the health packs, but the second one offered no such relief and I had no ammo left in my pistol. In the end, I left this game completely satisfied, even more so than I did with the original madness combat game.

Barren City Barren City

Love that feel

An effective "barren city" sounding track. Unless you wanted to give it a completely different effect, I'd keep it sparse and floaty. I like the fuzzy flickering and popping noises. Mess with the white noise a little to make it sound more varied and organic. I'd stay away from BooBass for your bassline. Choose another deeper, richer synth sound or even a real bass. Keep it up. I like where this is going.

EoE - Untitled Hardstyle WIP EoE - Untitled Hardstyle WIP

Some recommendations.

The kick needs a harder punch and a lot more bass. I know how it gets when you want to distort the hell out of your kick to make the meanest sound around. Don't just bring the bass out by EQing though. Instead, try to add a more focused shot of low end under the distorted part. I was expecting it to just be a smaller kick for the intro.
With the melody, I like where you're going, but I'd be sure to give the whole thing a triplet feel. The first couple of notes in the phrase are plain 8th notes and it throws off the bouncy feel.
Also, I'd stay away from the Blutonium Boy vocal samples. Force yourself to make your own vocal samples and it'll definitely pay off.

E-o-e responds:

Thanks for the honest review :D I know what you mean about the kick, I haven't quite got the hang of mixing the kicks. As the fat synth eats up lot's of frequencies. :/

I actually agree with the melody bit, for some reason I changed from 8th to triplets, corrected it now! As the vocal samples, they fill the song out a bit before I can find/record my own! They're temporary.

-EoE-

Anti-Return Anti-Return

Don't take my suggestions the wrong way.

This is definitely good. I like the growly bass synths a lot, but they add so much low end that the kick gets buried. I'd also turn up the drums and let it groove for a while longer. With a more prominent drum beat this could really turn into something killer.

UnderTown responds:

Hey, thanks for the advice and the review! That's very helpful.